24 Jan 2016

Day 11. 13 January. THE DAY OF DEFENDORS OF FREEDOM. A DAY BEFORE THAT NIGHT.

This year Lithuania commemorates (marks) the 25th anniversary of the DAY of DEFENDORS OF FREEDOM.

Early in the morning of 12 January I have bought my own Foget-me-not. Thus I've joined the social action NEUZMIRSTUOLE (meaning a Foget-me-not) the aim of which is not to forget those who had sacrified their lives for Lithuania. ( http://www.neuzmirsk.lt ). Remebering is extremely important because we have only one Lithuania, and we can't loose HER.

At 12 p.m. a meadow of forget-me-nots has bloomed on the Lukiskes Square. A quite impressive view. A piece of square covered with a white snow is turning slowly into a blue meadow. Kids from kindergarderds are planting each his own forget-me-not.


A meadow of forget-me-nots on Lukiskes Square


Blooming foget-me-nots


Kids from kindergardens planting their flowers

At 5 p.m. the opened-doors afternoon in the Seimas (the Parliament) has begun.  ( http://www3.lrs.lt/pls/inter/w5_show?p_r=613&p_d=202912&p_k=1 )
Visitors could listen to the concert, see photo exhibition, see exhibition at the Memorial for 13th January. 


A concert on the 1st floor of the Seimas 


The main entrace ( trought the Grand Front Yard)  into the Seimas


A part of exhibition at the Memorial for 13th January by the Seimas. 


A huge Fire of Freedom ready for lightening.

Fires of Freedom were solemnly  lit up at 7 p.m. but Iwas at home then watching all the ceremony on LRT television.

In the evening a huge forget-me-not has bloomed on The Cathedral Bell Tower.


Do not forget!


The Cathedral Bell Tower.

And I went home. Everything what was going later on was watched on tv.


beautiful song Imk mano ranka brolau 
orginally performed by Kostas Smoroginas, Neda Malunaviciute and and others
and on this 2016 night performed 
by Jeronimas Milius, Jazzu, Marijonas Mikutavicius

No comments:

Post a Comment