25 Mar 2017

Day 63. Saint Patrick's Day. Uzupis Part IV.

Well, as I promised last year (2016), I had to be here on Saint Patrick's celebrations.

So, On 18 March at 01:30 P.M. I was here.  The terrasse of Uzupis cafe is full of people.



Saint Patrick's Steamer

As you see, some of them are wearing green caps.
And most of them are drinking Guiness (of course!)

It was 01:45 P.M. and nothing happened. And I got a logic suggestion to check the agenda of the celebration. Eureka! Vilnele turns green only at 03:05 P.M. 

So if you are planning to go to this celebration, always check the agenda.

We've decided to have some bear, but not here, in Uzupio cafe, so we left.

on the way I've noticed some strange pictures:

Grafitti on Isganytojo str. or Skapo str. 
(although I do not remember exactly)

Picture on the wall on Skapo Str. 


We are back at 03:05 P.M. just near / under Užupis bridge
and Vilnele has just turned GREEN. That's absolutely awesome!

a view on Bernardinai Bridge
see how many people are there?


Enbankment of Vilnele is full of people
and the green is totally green





People everywhere!





a view on a little VDA bridge 
connecting Sv. Brunonas str. and Vilnius Academy of Arts (VDA)

People everywhere!




a view on Fluxus Bridge

VDA on the opposite side

totally green!!!


my favourite place near Vilnele (I love Vilnele)
in Bernardine Park

swift Vilnele


a view on bridge in Bernardine Park (into Netherlands Embassy)



green waters of Vilnele have finally reached Neris





just under Pilies Bridge



Water in Neris is green (photo taken from Mindaugas Bridge)

Will I come to the festivity next year, I do not know. But I definitely liked the festivity this time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment