24 Mar 2016

Day 31. Pilaitė. Part II. A winter walk in Sudervėlė valley

#Pilaitė

#Sudervėlė

Series of #WalksinVilnius


We had a beautiful winter this year on Palm Sunday in my dearest Pilaite.
As this winter lasted for 2 days, I couldn't miss the opportunity to have a nice winter walk. 
I start my walk by going towards the Salotes Lake. You can stop near the lake or go further to the so called Pilaite Forest.


I always go to the forest to the hill where a beautiful view on a stream (little river) Sudervėlė  and the Sudervėlė valley discloses. Sudervele, rising in swampy meadows near Zujunai, is a right tributary of the Neris River.

the Sudervėlė Valley
Sudervėlė Valley with Vilnius TV Tower in Karoliniškės in a background

This hill, in my opinion, is a perfect place for kids sledding.
Usually I go down the hill and cross the Sudervele and go towards Karoliniškės.

However, on this Sunday the water in Sudervėlė was quite high so I couldn't cross the stream.






For me - a perfect winter view with a stream


 I walked along the right bank of Sudervėlė till the first living hose on Rojaus str. and I came back. Beside a high level of water I've noticed that Sudervele was quite polluted that day :(

A totally windless place


But the forest was still exremely calm and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment